Tidus Wig

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
DuelinDaniel

Tidus Wig

Post by DuelinDaniel » Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:34 pm

Hello

My friend James wants to cosplay as Cloud from FFVII. Only thing is we can't find a wig that looks like cloud's hair. Can anyone help us on making or buying one.

Hemuloki-sama

Post by Hemuloki-sama » Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:44 pm

Hmmm, Tidus' wig is more of an advanced one...I would start with a Femme Fatale wig in the Fiesty color and then cut it so that you can see the sort of Tidus style going on there. Be sure to leave lots of room for the spikes as they might take up more fiber than you expected. Now, this is where you need to use your imagination or else you'll be repeating things. You need to visualize where your spikes on the scalp will be (you can also spike some up there but don't go into so much detail as you will be destroying this when you soak it) and once doing that, you'll color in with a brown sharpie for the roots.

Soak in cold water to get rid of excess and then once it's completely dry (never comb the wig when it's wet, never) comb it out and using a fair amount of hair spray on everything, spike up the hair in back using a comb. It might take a while but the spikes will eventually stay up. Use a controlled temperature blow dryer too to harden them so that they can stick together to create the sectional look Tidus has going on. Don't use a hairdryer that just gets hotter and hotter....that will suck as you will turn your nicely cut wig into a matt of crazy looking goo.

I really don't think you'll need to use anything else besides that hefty amount of hair spray and blowdryer because everything else will really weigh those spikes down and that wouldn't be good.

My real tips of this is just watch the way you cut the wig. If you don't feel confident giving him the dark roots, don't do it. Oh, and remember that just because I didn't mention it above, Tidus does have tiny bangs...they are there so cut them in accordingly.

Oh, and if you need anything else, just ask me.

Edit:

I sooooo just re-read this post and noticed that the thread name "Tidus wig" and what's actually going on "Cloud's wig" is totally different!

...so before I give tips for a Cloud wig, which one is the help really needed on? Tidus' or Cloud's wig?

DuelinDaniel

Mistake

Post by DuelinDaniel » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:22 am

I meant Cloud, not Tidus. I need ideas for Cloud's wig

Hemuloki-sama

Post by Hemuloki-sama » Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:47 pm

Alright, I see now. Well, the Cloud wig will be just like the Tidus wig in some respects as you'll need a Femme Fatale wig there too. You can start with the Cleo but I didn't need to.

Well, you would cut accordingly to the right sections, put some bangs in over the eye just a little and then create the spikes using very small amounts of caulk on the spikes and then hair spray. Try going at it with just hairspray too if you want, the less weighing down the spike, the easier it's gonna be to keep it up after hours of working with it. Believe me, this wig will take hours.