Nurse Witch Komugi hat help

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Lady_Subaru62

Nurse Witch Komugi hat help

Post by Lady_Subaru62 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:54 pm

This will the last board that I make for a while. I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on making Komugi's Bunny ears and the Nurse Hat. And how I could make them stay on my head.

http://www.advfilms.com/titles/komugi/i ... 24x768.jpg
Please come to my new store. www.cafepress.com/cosplayrice

wingruby

Post by wingruby » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:10 pm

wires and stuffing ^^ or foam

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:36 pm

I just watched an episode of Komugi last night and saw her hat from the side. I hadn't noticed before, but it's a normal hat shape like what Lindze of Genki Hats would make. You can get a pattern for the base if you look in the winter hats/accessories in the pattern books at the store. The front rectangle that makes it nurse-looking is just added on. The ears are the usual bunny ear shape...just like what you might have drawn as a little kid. Wire will work very well for pointing them up, but there's just one trick you need to do. At the base of the ears where the wire will touch your head, you should leave enough extra wire to make "feet." Think of bird's feet or a microphone stand with 3 or 4 prongs sticking out to keep it from tipping over. You bend that extra wire as though you're outlining a 3-leaf clover, but you make the "leaves" narrow, not round or heart-shaped. Each one should be about 1 inch long. Then the end of the wire (what would be the "stem" if we go with the clover analogy), you twist up into the very long part that goes into the ears. When you're done, the wire should be able to stand up on a table like a tree trunk with little roots (roots flat on table, trunk perpendicular to roots). Well, it won't totally be able to stand on its own, but you get the idea. The little feet/prongs/whatever you want to call them will rest flat against the top of your head once you stick the long "trunk" into the hat and ears and will allow you to have poseable ears instead of flopping ears. Glue 2 small pieces of felt to the inside of the hat to cover the prongs so they stay in place and won't snag your hair or wig.

Well, that took a lot longer than what I wanted, but I hope it's at least a little useful to you. ^_^;

Lady_Subaru62

Post by Lady_Subaru62 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:16 pm

thank you so much.
Please come to my new store. www.cafepress.com/cosplayrice