Glowing SoulWeaver Claws

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
BoredCosplayer

Glowing SoulWeaver Claws

Post by BoredCosplayer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:24 pm

Hello all, I'm brand new here. I don't know how active this forum actually is, but I'm looking for advice from some fellow cosplayers on a prop (or two) and this seemed like a place to start.

I'm working on a SoulWeaver (yes, from Dragonfable) cosplay for a con in September this year. I'm fine on making my armor. Using the basic set and accessories from the game as a template, with a little creative license and embellishment I have plans for (what I think is, anyway) a slightly more interesting/fantasy-looking set. I'll be ordering contacts and a wig for it this month. It's only the soul claws that have me stumped. As probably very few people (if any) have ever done this cosplay before, I have found few resources that I thought were truly helpful with the exception of lighting.

While I'm not new to cosplay, I've never made a weapon or other prop quite like this before. For materials I was thinking 1/8" acrylic (likely the small-ish sheets you can get at Lowes or Home Depot), cut to shape and painted with the addition of EL wire to make it all glow. I want lightweight, sturdy, and transparent for these, hence acrylic.

Does this sound reasonable? Any tips on working with acrylic, or would there be a better material? From what research into lighting I've done, EL wire seems like the easiest to use for a 360 deg. glow and is relatively inexpensive.

In the game the claws appear to sort of float above the weaver's arm's, which would be challenging I think. I could probably make them handheld with the handle low enough down to achieve the look I want, but If there's some way I might incorporate them into my gauntlets/bracers, that would be nice to give me better use of my hands. I only plan on making one set for the time being. Any ideas or suggestions here?

I'm really excited for this costume and it's probably my most ambitious since I picked up the cosplaying hobby several years ago, as I haven't worked with lighting things before, and I really want to make this work. I won't feel like it's really complete without them. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I've attached a link to a wiki page that shows all the different claws, for those that don't know what I'm talking about.

http://dfwiki.com/w/SoulWeaver

Yunna

Re: Glowing SoulWeaver Claws

Post by Yunna » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:13 pm

The Soul Weaver Skilled Costume Weapon Pack comes with custom costume equipping system allow you to equip your armor while slicing those poor souls! with cool nice looking animated models and custom terrifying sound effects for these Battle skills with PvP and PvE geometry dash scratch, Crush their spirit. So, I admire people who cosplay SoulWeaver

maruusa

Re: Glowing SoulWeaver Claws

Post by maruusa » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:30 pm

To Cosplay aa route planner that character, you will have to spend a lot of time, effort, and money.