Nurse Witch Komugi Boots

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Lady_Subaru62

Nurse Witch Komugi Boots

Post by Lady_Subaru62 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:28 pm

I am Having a hard time making her shoes. I have an Idea of taking ankle boots and adding a piece of fabric on the top. Then painting the whole thing pink. Well what do you think.

http://www.advfilms.com/titles/komugi/i ... 00x600.jpg

Thanks. :cry:
Please come to my new store. www.cafepress.com/cosplayrice

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:53 am

I think you'd have an easier time if you used pink fabric -- the same as your dress -- rather than painting afterwards. If you can't use the same fabric as your dress, use felt or fleece in the same color. Those materials don't fray so you don't need to hem them or do anything special with the edges. Make the boot/shoe covers bigger than what you think you'll need because it's usually easier to adjust them smaller than to try to enlarge.
^_^

Lady_Subaru62

Post by Lady_Subaru62 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:13 pm

I really just wanted to use a pair of ankle boots that are flat. and either paint them or cover them in fabric
Please come to my new store. www.cafepress.com/cosplayrice

wingruby

Post by wingruby » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:26 am

off topic but can you tell me what is the series about? I have heard of it only a few times.

As for the boots another possibility is to make a sock that extends from the inside the shoe to get that flap.

So you would wear the modified socks and wear the boots normally without much additional work.

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:42 pm

Lady_Subaru62 wrote:I really just wanted to use a pair of ankle boots that are flat. and either paint them or cover them in fabric
Well, yes, that's what I read, and I assumed you'd use white boots or shoes so that you could leave the toe area exposed for the bunny head design. I just suggest using pink fabric rather than white to make the upper and the folded cuff so you can skip painting which is messy and doesn't always look right on boots.

wingruby - The series is a little weird but funny. It's definitely a comedy type of show. Komugi is a part-time actress with a passion for cosplay, and somehow (I forget), she got magical powers in order to save the world from "bad guys" that appear in the form of virus or bacteria...hence, her nurse superhero outfit and giant syringe weapon/wand. Of course, there's also a rival to keep the excitement going. I've only seen 3 episodes, and this wasn't recently so someone please correct me if my description isn't good. Hope that helped a bit. ^_^