Misa Amane Arm {Blades}

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
AudeSapere

Misa Amane Arm {Blades}

Post by AudeSapere » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:18 am

Hello everyone! c:

I'm quite new to this site... {I made it 10 minutes ago, O_e} But the forums seem rather helpful when it comes to putting together a new cosplay. I've cosplayed both C.C and Seras Victoria before, {both brought from cosplaymagic and ebay,} but this year I wanted to do a very intricate version of Misa Amane from Death Note.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g183/ ... 124038.jpg

On the cover of vol. 4, she is seen with these black blades on her arms. Is there any possible way to keep an average budget and to construct these? {I searched a few of the forum's pages, and did not see similar questions about these blades...}

Also, is there a technique to ripping the top of the {arm bands?} she is wearing? I'm striving for accuracy. |'D

Thank you in advance to anyone who reads this and offers assistance!

~Aude.
{ONE} more time, {ONE} more time
Each day I will be rolling {ONE} more time!

So she says, so she says.
As she plays the meaning of it to her spoken words!!

Mikalaya

Re: Misa Amane Arm {Blades}

Post by Mikalaya » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:27 pm

For the arm bands, I bought some arm warmers and cut holes in them. I also bought gloves made of the same material to make them look long.

ImageImage

AudeSapere

Post by AudeSapere » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:47 pm

Oh wow, that's really helpful! *o*
Thank you so much! c: Your cosplay is awesome btw.~ <3
{ONE} more time, {ONE} more time
Each day I will be rolling {ONE} more time!

So she says, so she says.
As she plays the meaning of it to her spoken words!!

kittynekonya

Post by kittynekonya » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:50 pm

hi i'm new here to but i love cosplaying as misa and i thought i would give you some tips or ideas on how to make the arm blades. first of all i've seen some people make them out of real metal but with blunted tips. i've seen plastic and even pvc ones but the most comen is cardboard because its cheap and easy to do ! then you would cover it with crate paper or newspaper and pva glue it on so hen its dry you can paint black over it ! another method is to get black electrical tape or duct tape to cover it in its fairly cheap and easy to obtain!! <3 :D the arm warmers is real easy just buy some or if you cant find any get an old long sleeved t shirt and cut the arms off then cut holes in to them with scissors ! :) simple then get finger less gloves ^^ p.s i figured guessing the shape of the arm blades would be pretty hard so here is a link !! <3 http://www.lfgss.com/post462097-32.html much love -kittynekonya- Schrödinger's Lion