Deadman Wonderland - Shiro collar help

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
valyxe

Deadman Wonderland - Shiro collar help

Post by valyxe » Wed May 11, 2011 12:44 am

HELP. I'm going to Otakon at the end of July, and really wanted to go as Shiro from Deadman wonderland, however I've run into a few problems, especially with her collar. I spent an entire day just drawing out the shape of the collar, and now I'm trying to come up with the best material to make it with that will look as accurate as possible, that is completely doable and not too expensive. Here are some photos of Shiro.

I first thought about using a neck brace and building into it with something....tubing or something. Then I thought about making a fiberglass collar but that's a bit pricey and Im not exactly sure how to work with fiberglass. I was watching a paper mache/sculpting clay tutorial on how to make a dragon on youtube and thought it would be perfect, but I'm not exactly sure what kind of clay was used, so really I would just like some ideas on what I could make it out of. Something that's easy to sculpt, relatively light weight and will hold up well.

YuuriK

Re: Deadman Wonderland - Shiro collar help

Post by YuuriK » Mon May 30, 2011 9:31 am

You should try craft foam. You can make almost anything out of that. If possible, you can cover the craft foam with fabric.
If you want to use some kind of clay instead, I recommend creative paperclay. It air dries and it's easy to use :)