Batman's cowl: Advice?

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Hanzo187

Batman's cowl: Advice?

Post by Hanzo187 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:46 pm

Okay, to start, at this year's AX, I went as Batman, and it went well enough, but I want to re-do the cowl. Thing is, I want to improve it. I had to learn how to sew and make my own patterns and most of it was fine, but the cowl still wasn't exactly what I wanted. Specifically, the ears were stitched on after making the cowl, which made it look kind of...I don't know, is hokey the word? That, and the eyes were a bit out of whack.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a technique or pattern that could incorporate the ears directly into the cowl instead of having them put on after the fact. If anyone knows a way of perfectly measuring eye height or whatever for slits, that'd be helpful.

Frankly, I'd be shocked if anyone can help me (this doesn't seem like an everyday inquiry, and it's not easy to do to begin with), but if anyone knows, thanks.

buster cleveland

Re: Batman's cowl: Advice?

Post by buster cleveland » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:18 am

I'm no tailor, but keep asking and keep at it. You'll get it!
Luck!
bc

truesly1

Post by truesly1 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:12 pm

I'd say the best way to do it is to get a latex cowl. there are plenty of people who sculpt em and you can usually find a few on ebay. short of that, i'd take a look at league of heroes http://theleagueofheroes.yuku.com/forums/66 they always have sculpters selling stuff

Bettsie

Post by Bettsie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:26 pm

Can you post a picture of what you are trying to do? I might be able to help. But it would definitely help if i could see a picture of it :)