help!!! butterfly

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Meilin_akizuki

help!!! butterfly

Post by Meilin_akizuki » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:22 am

a frind of mine is going to cosplay as Rubi Moon of card captor sakura and she dont know how to make th butterflys of the costume.... does anyone knows??????

Laura92

Post by Laura92 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:36 am

find a picture if you can, that'd help
See me at: Kamecon '04 (Feb28, NH) ~ Anime Boston '04 (Apr9-11, MA) ~ PortconMaine '04 (June 17 only, ME) ~ Connecticon '04 (July 18, CT.) ~ Arisia '05 (Jan 16?, MA) ~ Kamecon '05 (Feb, NH) ~ AnimeBoston '05 (May 11-13, MA) ~ PortconMaine '05 (June24-27, ME) ~ Connecticon '05 (July, CT)

|c|o|s|p|L|a|y| is my anti-drug!

Meilin_akizuki

Post by Meilin_akizuki » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:10 am

here is a link....

http://cardcaptorleague.webcindario.com ... age047.jpg

hope it works... :wink:

Tia

Post by Tia » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:01 am

It says access prohibited *twitch*
It's not love that makes the world go 'round; it's fanboys and fangirls.

Laura92

Post by Laura92 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:19 pm

yea, in spanish!
See me at: Kamecon '04 (Feb28, NH) ~ Anime Boston '04 (Apr9-11, MA) ~ PortconMaine '04 (June 17 only, ME) ~ Connecticon '04 (July 18, CT.) ~ Arisia '05 (Jan 16?, MA) ~ Kamecon '05 (Feb, NH) ~ AnimeBoston '05 (May 11-13, MA) ~ PortconMaine '05 (June24-27, ME) ~ Connecticon '05 (July, CT)

|c|o|s|p|L|a|y| is my anti-drug!

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:35 pm

the large wings? I would bend wire into that shape (try baling wire, it's rather heavy, but it will keep its shape), then cover it with blue spandex (think tights) material. I would then either sew the pink pieces on (easy), or find pink ribbon, cut holes, stitch the edges of the holes, then thread the ribbon through. (difficult)
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

glass snow

Post by glass snow » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:19 pm

okay now,

1. make a pattern for your wings out of news paper, two patterns for each wing, pin it to your fabric..very light weight spandex ( heavy will weigh the wire down badly) or black sheer, mabey even some semi see through stuff..just what is good in your mind ( make sure to leave enough room for stitching to make a "sleeve" for the wire..acheive the sleeve by sewing an inch from the edge of the fabric ( about the width of you sewer foot) and then turn the newly sewn edge right side out ( the seam line that would for example be on the outside of a skirt) and then sew the edge down, not an inch wide, less use the measuring marks on your sewing machine...thus creating a pipline for the wire) GO PARENTHASES!

2. insert wire, try 12 guage, its like coat hanger wire, but do not unbend coat hangers, that will leave some weird bends and wide places on your wings. DO THIS SLOWLY!! :D leave wire ends out so that you can tie the two pieces together

3. for now, take some electircal tape or just tape, this is temporary and lay your wings out flat, and paint( you can draw your design out with a sharpie..black, then paint over it, black sharpies on black fabric tend to give you a brown color you can follow, and aslo paint over) your design on it, I would suggest good fabric paint, or just regular cheepo acrylic paint..but if you want it to last go to dharmatrading.com and look up " Jones Tones"...if you want to...buy the clear, or mabey even the clear with glitz ( jones tones keeps paint from cracking on fabrics!) and then paint that over the painted areas on your wings

4. tie wing parts together, and attach to base

5.. Need a base??? even though these wings will be lighter, they are big...mondo big SOOOOOOOOO! the best thing to do would be, attach it to somthing that has straps going over your shoulders and under your..chesticular area), you can either buy one off of ebay for cheaps, or make one yourself, either way, no stretchy fabric, that will only leave a buldge in the back. Find somthing metal...with holes in it, light metal, then take your wing wires and intertwin it into the holes, use pliers and make sure that every bend is clamped down tight! ( if you need a piece of this metal mess, just let me know..in other words IM me) then sew that piece into the harness.

Finally, to add..make sure you have a way to get the costume over your wings and be able to close it in a discreet way...Plan ahead! so a costume is not ruined. I would suggest if you can already have the harness on, then have a small opening ( square in this case) where the wing base can be strapped and snapped in so that you will not have to remove your top just to go to the dang bathroom

I am sure you will do just fine!

God bless and keep you safe...I must be off, before someone mauls me for typing so much!
:roll:
Choice of faith should not be somthing that seperates us, but somthing that ties us..love is the ultimate key.

tddm.org - nice daily words
homestarrunner.com <------ GO THERE ITS SOOO HALARIOUSE!