Mina Majikina -- Spot of Help?

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Burakku

Mina Majikina -- Spot of Help?

Post by Burakku » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:05 pm

Jam here!

Okay, so apparently I'm drawn to white-haired girls. X3 At first, I gave thought to cosplaying Angel from King of Fighters. Pretty simple, and not saying I won't...But now I'm starting to think. Mina Majikina. My personal fav of Samurai Shodown! (Not only are they white-haired, they're not well known!)

I'm having trouble with the hair though--How can I create a ponytail that sits high with life? I mused buying a short white wig and attaching a clip-on, but my biggest fear is that it will fall limp-or worse-sit really weird when I go about wrapping it at the base.

Also have to work on a blunt-cut technique for bangs...

Aaaand then there's the accessories, but I may just commission someone here for it. [glove, bow, quiver, etc.]

I also hear that gathering the hair of a wig to one point [ponytail] can cause the net cap to be exposed?

Any ideas/constructive comments guys?

-J

And if you have NO bloomin' idea who I'm talking about, see here:

Last edited by Burakku on Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fighting, making love...Men don't care what women do, so long as you're touching each other!

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:57 pm

Try inserting a 1litter bottle inside your hair, use Alot of hairspray and let it dry, you may also want to do it in layers. After a good day of setting, or longer, take the bottle out. DONE!

Burakku

Post by Burakku » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:40 pm

Sterling wrote:Try inserting a 1litter bottle inside your hair, use Alot of hairspray and let it dry, you may also want to do it in layers. After a good day of setting, or longer, take the bottle out. DONE!
Sounds nifty! When you say that though, is this applied to a long wig or the hairclip?
Fighting, making love...Men don't care what women do, so long as you're touching each other!

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:06 am

Wig, although you could do it to your hair. I suppose keeping the bottle inside the wig at all times isn't a bad idea, but if you're going to try that, use a smaller bottle.

I'm not to sure how Hair extensions could benifit this.

Burakku

Post by Burakku » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:51 am

Aaah I see. What a nifty idea, but gathering it up so high, wouldn't the net cap of the wig show through?

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:47 pm

only if you add all the hair, leave some down for Bangs or flyaways.

Burakku

Post by Burakku » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:09 pm

Sheesh, thanks so much! You've been a super help to meee~ <3

vvinged

Post by vvinged » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:04 pm

Uber cute costume idea by the way^^
Jessica-So what exactly is the definition of the word 'Glomp'
Emily-Hmm. Good question. The world may never know.

Misstress Testament

Post by Misstress Testament » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:08 am

Just to build on the idea, Got2Bglued is great for that. One of my friends went as Chipp Zanuff and g2bg worked Perfectly!
Taking Commissions .I specialize in kimonos, Bleach, and I am expanding my repetoire. I have done Trench Coats. I make quaility pieces that can be used everyday :) Please leave me a messages we can talk about what you need. SanguineSpinner.etsy.com for the quick and easy kimono purchase. www.racheldesade.deviantart.com to see some of my work.