Shiva (ffx) help

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
sirenphoenix

Shiva (ffx) help

Post by sirenphoenix » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:03 am

ok so i want shiva to be my first cosplay costume. lucky comic-con is next year along with others so i have time to spend on making a good costume. my first question would be...where can i find a skinsuit light blue preferably ..a good picture to get a great idea for the accessories and where should i look to get the fabric and paint for it?

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:22 am

For the bodysuit, try CosplaySupplies.com or welovecolors.com. They both have custom made abilities.

If you're looking for stretchy fabric to make your own, try Denver Fabrics or Stretch House.

kaolinite

Post by kaolinite » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:55 pm

If you decide to buy a bodysuit instead of making one, try ebay. I've seen some full body ones that are different colors.

For my Shiva, I used body paint instead of a body suit...there are pluses and minuses. The plus is that it's your skin and it looks more real compared to a bodysuit, but a bodysuit doesn't get messy. I used Ben Nye liquid makeup; when dry it doesn't smudge, but it cracks a little if you glob it on.

It's good you are starting it early; it's best to give it time to make a really awesome cosplay. Good luck! :)