FFX-2 Rikku boots

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Phoenix13

FFX-2 Rikku boots

Post by Phoenix13 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:44 pm

I have NO idea whatsoever how to make Rikku's theif boots from Final Fantasy X-2. DX Any tips or pointers would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!~

P.S. This is my first time cosplaying, so I REALLY need your help! XP

HELP ME!!!! TT-TT

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:35 pm

Well, if you can find white shoes for the base, that would be good. The blue part you'll have to make yourself with fabric. First, get some newspaper to make patterns: draw, cut, tape them to the shoes while you wear them to see how it looks. Adjust by adding or cutting off paper, or if it's no good at all, start over. After you've trial & errored your way to a decent pattern, cut some scrap fabric to sew a practice version of the covers. Remember to leave 1/2 inch seam allowance or they'll end up too small. Actually, if you use felt, it might make things easier and possibly not need a seam allowance. You might need two layers of fabric to get the right look because one layer could be too thin & droopy.

Once you're happy with your practice version (could take a few tries), use your final pattern to make the covers with your good fabric. Glue them to your white base, and you're done.

It's all basically trial & error for boots like that. But once you've made your pattern, the construction shouldn't be too bad. ^_^

Phoenix13

Post by Phoenix13 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:55 am

Oh my gosh, THANK YOU, thank you SO much!! <3
I was beginning to think that no one would give me help.
*does a little happy dance*
=D
Now I can get on with my life....XDDD
And hopefully finish this costume in time for the Comic-Con. XP

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:22 am

You're welcome. Hope it works out. I've made other boot covers, but not Rikku's. But I figured the planning would be the same with drawing & adjusting a paper pattern then testing on some scrap before using good fabric. You'll need to cut them big enough to be a bit 'slouchy' but not so huge that they're just floppy.

Have fun! Post pics when you're done. :)