need help with rikku from ffx2

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
TheSaKuRa

need help with rikku from ffx2

Post by TheSaKuRa » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:14 am

I'm neew to sewing and i want to be theif rikku from ffx2. I chose her because its looks easy. There is only one problem. I dont know how to sew :shock: . Can anyone spare some help? and i will be making the wig myself. what length should the wig be before i start? :oops:

Amiya

Post by Amiya » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:51 am

Maybe I can help you with the "sewing" parts of the costume --> I helped my friend to make hers *but we only had a week before the con. so it was pretty rushed* and I can probably help you figure out the patterns you need and stuff?

Which piece are you confused about?
Cosplay/Commission Website - ID-Cosplay/Personal Website - Chibi-Dreams

RainyDayRainbow

Post by RainyDayRainbow » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:20 pm

In all honesty, i really didn't sew much of anything on my theif rikku costume, it's all pretty basic stuff that makes one awesome costume! Good luck in making it, if you have any questions you can PM me and i'll be happy to help ^^

TheSaKuRa

Post by TheSaKuRa » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:59 am

i pretty much just need help with the skirt and boots.maybe the sleeves. the wig too

Amiya

Post by Amiya » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:48 am

Well, for the skirt, my friend and I just ended up cutting two pieces of almost rectangular fabric, sewed them together and attached elastic to keep it up (I personally would recommend an invisible zipper --> we had no time~). As for the sleeves, we cut two pieces of a trapazoid shape? (one for each arm) and sewed the sides together *leaving a little room on the bottom* and sewed on rectangular strips that can be tied into a bow...

I'm sorry if my advice makes no sense~

Here's a pic of my friend's Rikku to give you an idea of the result of the above...
Cosplay/Commission Website - ID-Cosplay/Personal Website - Chibi-Dreams