Help with buttons

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Ichigo Jinx

Help with buttons

Post by Ichigo Jinx » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:38 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm making Aerith's dress from Final Fantasy Advent Children and I'm using a pattern that has the right neckline and it originally has the zipper in the back,
but I'm altering it so it'll have the buttons down the front instead of the zipper in the back,

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/artic ... 638974.jpg

and so far I've been confused by what my mom has told me about putting the buttons on the dress so if anyone could give me intructions on sewing the dress down the front and putting the buttons on or some advice, I'd appreciate it, thanks! ^^

gravigurl

Post by gravigurl » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:49 pm

Sew the buttons on normally (with no holes) then put velcro on the other side to keep the dress together. Saves on headaches.
I am open for prop Commissions from the following series: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Sailor Moon and cardcaptors Sakura.

Amiya

Post by Amiya » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:04 pm

Actually, I would just recommand having the zipper in the back and sewing the two panels together in the front and sew on the buttons (with no holes). That way, the zipper wouldn't show because of the red jacket over and it is just much easier...
Cosplay/Commission Website - ID-Cosplay/Personal Website - Chibi-Dreams

gravigurl

Post by gravigurl » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:57 pm

But only if she hasnt altered it that much yet.
I am open for prop Commissions from the following series: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Sailor Moon and cardcaptors Sakura.

Amiya

Post by Amiya » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:15 am

That's true, but I make my own patterns, so I don't really know how to work with the store-bought ones.
Cosplay/Commission Website - ID-Cosplay/Personal Website - Chibi-Dreams