Safe Prosthetic Adhesive? Lots of questions! >.<

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
ShaunaHime

Safe Prosthetic Adhesive? Lots of questions! >.<

Post by ShaunaHime » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:10 am

Anyone ever tried these products?

http://www.cosplaysupplies.com/kryolan/ ... section=Q7

http://www.cosplaysupplies.com/kryolan/ ... section=Q5

Are they safe on the human body and lasts for several hours?
Can Medical Adhesive Remover be used to remove "Pros-Aide"? Are there any better-suited products I could get that aren't incredibly expensive? Is it safe to adhere wonderflex or a similar product onto the human body? Is spirit-gum too weak for big pieces of wonderflex on the body? I've tried to research this for a while, but haven't been able to come up with anything except product descriptions and prices. If you have any experiences or suggestions please share, Thank you! <3

gravigurl

Post by gravigurl » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:25 am

umm what are you cosplaying?
Spirit Gum works well with anything latex. if your sikn is dry I would probably not use it for longer than 10 hours. if your skin is oily I would blot it with some rice oil blotting papers you can I think get at Walmart now.
I am open for prop Commissions from the following series: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Sailor Moon and cardcaptors Sakura.

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:34 pm

I personaly used Sirit gum and I like it. You'll need another chemicle that's sold seperately to get it off though, unless you feel like ri[[ing layers of superglue off you.

gravigurl

Post by gravigurl » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:58 am

That can prove to be quite fun :D
I am open for prop Commissions from the following series: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Sailor Moon and cardcaptors Sakura.