SH2 Pyramid Head help

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Selig

SH2 Pyramid Head help

Post by Selig » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:40 am

This is going to be my first cosplay, I want to do Pyramid Head from SH2 or the movie if I have too much trouble with the game version, but anyway, Im having alot of trouble figuring out what materials I should use and how, ESPECIALLY for the head, so if anyone can help please do, I would prefer the game version but I guess the movie version is fine too

gravigurl

Post by gravigurl » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:34 am

so you want the Red Pyramid (the one with the flat nose) right? Alright......cardboard = bad idea. I'm making the movie one, probably out of something like thin panneling or if you have the funding out of Wonderflex.

the apron I'd use Duck canvas. ask the person in the fabrics dept at your local Walmart they have some,

use watered down acyllic paints or fabric dye to dye the canvas the right mottled of hues.

Are you making the Great Knife? if so you may want to use foam insulation board don't worry it is totally safe it just makes a huge mess, it takes to paint very well but still put a coat of clear poly spray over it to seal it in since it may get bumped and it could cause the paint to chip off.

oh yeah note of duck canvas..it is think I highly recomend hand sewing it with very heavy thread and a think sharp needle. Yarn darners should work for the needle.

oh yeah to make sure that this is the right one I'm posting a pic of the one I think that it is.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n179 ... idhead.jpg

this is going to be a toughy for your first cosplay but anyways
Good Luck!
I am open for prop Commissions from the following series: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Sailor Moon and cardcaptors Sakura.

Selig

Post by Selig » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:56 am

yea, thats the pyramid head I want to do, thanks, I didnt think it would be soo tough, I thought that the head would be the only hard part ><

gravigurl

Post by gravigurl » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:05 pm

the costumes that look simple are really the hardest.
I am open for prop Commissions from the following series: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Sailor Moon and cardcaptors Sakura.

Selig

Post by Selig » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:07 pm

I REALLY like the way they did the heads for these, any idea how to make them?

gravigurl

Post by gravigurl » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:45 pm

Those are the movie/sh3 ones. those may have been made with Wonderflex then painted with semigloss paint. Or maybe lightweight wood panel.

AtticProductions

Pyramid Head

Post by AtticProductions » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:23 pm

Dude mine sucks compaired to ya'lls!
(then again we made ours in less than 2 hours out of foam...)
How would be a good way to make the helmet?
~Attic Productions Crew~

gravigurl

Post by gravigurl » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:25 pm

Using wonderflex or paneling. Maybe window screening for the grates. and an assorment of random hinges and other hardware findings. Hold it together first with ducttape to get the shape down then with a heavy adhesive like gorrilla glue, paint with Rustoleum spray paint for that rusted look. Most of this can be found at Home Depot and Walmart although Wonderflex I have only found at Cosplaysupplies.com