need sewing pattern books

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
gaara

need sewing pattern books

Post by gaara » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:09 pm

Does anybody know where i could buy a MODERN sewing pettern book? all the ones i find r from like 1950 and stuff XP... It doesnt need to be anime, i just need patterns. It would be nice to find some FREE online patters to print...
"That was close, you were almost a Jill-sandwich!"-Resident Evil DS
"Your a funny guy, i like that." "Well your not funny at all, and i dont like that"- Naruto
"I am clanky teeth, i am clanky teeth, i am clanky teeth im here to kill you all!"- Clank E. Teeth (hell raiser the movie)
Marilyn Manson is my strawberry icey^^-dont ask

zaitenaiji

Post by zaitenaiji » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:11 pm

Well, I don't know any online places, but the Yardage Town by me always has the recent year's pattern books, and Wal-Mart should update theirs regularly, too. I don't know if you can buy them, but you can look through them.

gravigurl

Post by gravigurl » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:52 am

Go to walmart (now is a good time since alot of them are updating thier pattern books) ask them what they do with the old ones, alot of the stores will say "we toss them out" ask if they could speak to managment about letting you either buy one from them or have one since you are a costume maker. My mother did that before but I cant remember if she had to pay or not but if she did it wasn't that much. Hope this helped.
(I should know the regulations and such I do work there after all but I can't remember)
I am open for prop Commissions from the following series: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Sailor Moon and cardcaptors Sakura.