Death Note cosplay Help!!!!

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
uchiha_kitsune

Death Note cosplay Help!!!!

Post by uchiha_kitsune » Thu May 25, 2006 8:03 pm

Minna-san tasukete!!

my friends and I are planning to Cosplay Death Note Characters... I managed it.. we came from FilCosplay.tk and i'll just use our Usernames
here are the characters...
Light: orochimaru
Misa: uchiha_kitsune
L: ishida
Ryuuku: itachi349 (SHE NEEDS HELP!!)
Misora Naomi: hana
Raye Penber: Vurdow
Criminal: yoru-kun

itachi349 needs help... she needs help on the ryuuku cosplay.. and.. well.. we thought of using face paint and crepe paper... but we need a better idea.. any suggestions?

here are the pictures of ryuuku

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a393/ ... h28-02.jpg

etaru

Post by etaru » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:12 pm

Usually any hardware store will sell the materials for paper mache, as well as strips of some kind of cloth-like material that can be shaped like paper mache just by getting it wet (the opposite of paper mache if you think about it<3) Anyway, that's what i used for a couple of masks i've made. The staff at Home Depot or Lowe's will know what you mean when you describe it anyway. Hope it helps! ^^;

ladywinsolot

humm

Post by ladywinsolot » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:42 pm

id try paper mache, but the problem with that is if u get knocked over then it'll get messed up. i'm going to comic con as Misa, and my friend is going a L, we'r working on the others going with us, they think no one will show up in cosplay :roll: yeah, so if i think of anything else, i'll let ya know

etaru

Post by etaru » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:28 pm

Oh oh oh! The stuff I was talking about is called Rigid Wrap, it's a plaster cloth that you wet and mold into whatever works for you. It also works great for masks specifically because you can put a lubricant on your face and then lay the plaster strips into shape on your face. Once they start to dry, take the mask off, and wa-la! Just be sure to avoid covering the nose holes, otherwise you'll sufficate for your cosplay....~_~''
When the finger points to yonder moon, the fool looks at the fingertip. ~ Epitaph of Twilight, .hack//SIGN

gravigurl

Post by gravigurl » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:48 pm

I was going to use Wonderflex for a Ryuuk mask but now after reading this I think I'll be using the Rigid Wrap
I am open for prop Commissions from the following series: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Sailor Moon and cardcaptors Sakura.

etaru

Post by etaru » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:21 pm

gravigurl wrote:I was going to use Wonderflex for a Ryuuk mask but now after reading this I think I'll be using the Rigid Wrap
I'm so glad I could be of help! +^_^+
And if you get kind of stuck, there's instructions on how to make masks right on the inside of the packaging! I made a KOS-MOS visor out of it, so you can take a look at it here: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=824202. It's really easy to paint on too~!
When the finger points to yonder moon, the fool looks at the fingertip. ~ Epitaph of Twilight, .hack//SIGN

gravigurl

Post by gravigurl » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:08 am

That stuff would work so well with the texture and everything
I am open for prop Commissions from the following series: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Sailor Moon and cardcaptors Sakura.

etaru

Post by etaru » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:14 am

gravigurl wrote:That stuff would work so well with the texture and everything
I'm very happy! Please post up and/or send me images of the costume or it's progress when you get started, because I'm very interested in how it'll turn out! +^_~+