Naruto headband?

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Meriadoc

Naruto headband?

Post by Meriadoc » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:56 pm

Making a Gaara (from Naruto) costume for Halloween, and...I'd be appreciative of any ideas for making the ninja headband. :D The basic idea is this. I'm in a rut and have no ideas past aluminum foil. x_x

mrs.tomoe

Post by mrs.tomoe » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:35 am

At our local craft store (Michael's), they sell poster board that's silver on one side. If you just want something to give the basic effect and not for winning awards for technical merit, I think the poster board would work fine. You can cut it with regular scissors and glue it with regular glue, no special equipment needed.

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:43 am

Or even glue aluminum foil to plain poster board... XD
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

Linzafur

Post by Linzafur » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:05 pm

hot topic actually sells them now so u should check either ur local mall or the online store( www.hottopic.com )

Sakura_Efreet

Post by Sakura_Efreet » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:57 pm

I had a friend who made one a few years back useing shirt paint which can be bought from craft stores. She bought blue fabric and then free handed the headband. It looked great, and since it wasn't metal, it stayed on her quite nicely. ^^.
If I were a teacup, I'd be juice! ^o^!

I is a con addict... however, my next con is up in the air right now.

chakolot

Post by chakolot » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:25 pm

Hot Topic, as previously stated, sells all the different ninja village headbands, including the Village of the Sand headband. This store can be found at just about any mall. (or at least in all the malls around where I live ^__^; )

zaitenaiji

Post by zaitenaiji » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:16 am

You could also use aluminum cans, like the soda cans. They're silver on the inside and not really that hard to work with and you can just pin it to a piece of blue fabric.

Hatoko

Post by Hatoko » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:17 am

you can get one at hot topic. :)

Jenova

Post by Jenova » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:42 pm

Natsumaya

headband

Post by Natsumaya » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:19 am

You can buy one at HotTopic, im not sure if they have more than just leaf village headbands...?

Kaorte

Post by Kaorte » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:55 pm

if you want to make it yourself, its actually pretty easy. Find some fabric that is the color of the bandana part. usually an only shirt or something will do. Get a pop can. Yes, a pop can. wear gloves or something so you dont cut up your hands (i made this tragic mistake). Cut the top and bottom off of the pop can, then cut the side. yay! now you have a strip of shiny metal! Next, try as best you can to flatten out the metal. bend it a little if need be. Just try not to leave dents and such, they dont look so hot. Then, take a pen and draw the symbow in! once you have it kind of indented into the metal, color in the divets with a sharpie. glue to fabric. tada!!! :P home made headband.

gravigurl

Post by gravigurl » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:45 pm

animecastle.com also sell them, *laughs at how many times Hot Topic has been mentioned in this thread alone*
I am open for prop Commissions from the following series: Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Sailor Moon and cardcaptors Sakura.

Miss D

Post by Miss D » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:57 am

You can get a Foamies craft sheet, some silver acrylic paint, 6 large paper brads and a strip of fabric. Cut the band front from the foam, and poke the brads through the appropriate spots (where the rivets are) and then paint it all silver. Paint your symbol on in black, or use silver puff paint to make a dimensional symbol. Use the brads to poke though the head band cloth, and fasten them like you would through paper.

If you paint the foam with care, it will look quite good really (I know it sounds cheesy looking, but it really works decently, and Ive used it as armor on a costume!)

Ive made metal ones before, but it can be dicey cutting sheet metal, and hard to dull the edge. The foam is nice and safe, no way at all to cut your self on the edge >.<
Want the best cosplay at your convention?
www.customcosplay.com

animeangel09

Naruto headband

Post by animeangel09 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:10 pm

THEY SELL THEM ON HTTP://WWW.TISINC99.COM FOR LIKE 16.00 PLUS SHIPPING AND HANDLING WITCH ADDS UP TO EITHER 23 SUNTHING OR 24 SUMTHING!!I BOUGHT 1 TOO!! :D ^_^
sanity wasnt that great anyway...
cute but psyhco...
i see m-o-r-o-n written across ur forehead...i wonder y?
^_^ i <3 ME
(((AnimeAngel09)))*mwuah* ^_^'

StreppyPoo

Post by StreppyPoo » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:46 am

I strongly suggest you buy one, it'd be much easier and cheaper just to buy one either from E-Bay or somewhere, plus it'll look more realistic.

If your determined to make it, good luck! I have no idea how I would do it! ^^;;;

<3

COS-show

Post by COS-show » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:39 am

it's too late to make a costume for Halloween
COS-CLUB:http://cos.go.3322.org.
I am the owner of one sewing workshop,If you have an interest in our products pls contact me by email esuian@gmail.com