I need a pattern for a Leotard or something similar. And...

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Blue Eternity

I need a pattern for a Leotard or something similar. And...

Post by Blue Eternity » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:52 pm

Okay... So I've decided I'm going to make Hikaru from Angelic Layer... And I kinda need some help XD.

Reference Pic...>>>Image

Okay... So her costume is all shiney. So I was thinking maybe Strech Vinyl? I've never worked with the stuff but I've heard that cuz it's strechy it's difficult to sew and stuff. >_< Any fabrics you guys would sugest? Thanks!

I also can't fing a pattern for a leotard anywhere!! Does anyone have one that maybe they could show me? Like a site or something? I dunno, maybe I'll be able to find one tomorrow when I go to the mall but I kind doubt it. Anyone please? ._.

And for the headgear... What should I use? I already made a test-like one yesterday and today and it looks HORRIBLE. *swt* I can try to post a pic later. I really didn't have any stuff, so I had to go to walmart and WOW, that didnt have anything mostly I could use either. -_-;; So I ended up taking that thick, foamy posterboard, cutting the shapes I needed and covering them up with felt. :\ The yellow things on the side i covered with that Crayola clay foam stuff. ANyways, it dosnt look right. And I connected the parts that stick out too high, they're like right above my ears and not covering them ._. Ah well... maybe someone can help me there too? >_<

I also need a wig. >_> I can't find one that fits my needs well enough. D: I found one that I could style to look like her hair but it's on backorder... and I kinda hate waiting. <_<;; *sigh* There are wig sites, but they cost more then the regular wigs cuz they style them too. I can style the wig I just need it. :3 Are there any sites that sell them besides cosplaylab.com and the one that you can find off of Katie Blair's site? Thanks!!!

I'm so sorry this is so long... but I really want to make this cosplay look good. I might be able to go to one in PA next month if my parents will take me. It'll be my first... kinda scared but I know it'll be totally awsome. ^_^ I wish i could go to the Sakura Con but I can't, it's WAY to far for my parents to take me O.O lol... This is when I wish i could drive. :(

Thanks again everyone. ^_^ Sorry I'm such a newbie at this ._.

<3 Grace

Blue Eternity

Post by Blue Eternity » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:40 pm

Oh... okay I actually found one that I'm modifying to get the right look. ^_^

I'd still love some ideas on everything, I'm almost done with the top. D:

<3 Grace

shaowebb

Post by shaowebb » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:56 pm

Instead of stretch vinyl there is an alternative that can work. You can simply find whatever fabric you need in your colors and then buy iron on vinyl which is about $6 a yard and about 58 in wide on most bolts in fabric stores.

With this you have an easier time finding colors and a lot of time for cosplay the color of the fabric is what can hold up a project.

As for the whole skin tight thing you can actually make the pattern by pulling it tight on your body pinning it in place and tracing your pattern to the pinned cloth. You can then sew it together and use hooks tucked under the seems to hold together any parts you cant sew because theyd make it to hard to insert into ie the calf area and forearms sometimes.

It might help and this stuff is at all retailers of fabrics and you can get some pretty amazing effects by using it on patterned cloth.
Never give up