Yuna Summoner Costume.... Please help!!!

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
SongstressYuna

Yuna Summoner Costume.... Please help!!!

Post by SongstressYuna » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:16 pm

Ok.. for all you people looking at this I NEED YOUR HELP
i have no clue how to sew and a Convention im going to is in August and i need to know all the things i need to buy (sorry if i sound like im being rude) but i really could use any help available even if you think its not helpful PLEASE HELP ME!!! if any of you can help me with making it or any stores you know that sell .....the "products" i need to make it please respond to this PLEASE!!! :D :lol:

mindtailor

Post by mindtailor » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:56 am

Try here.

The gallery I mentioned in that thread belongs to my friend, who's selling that costume soon. It'll be pretty expensive, though...
no leap in logic is too extreme... for RAGE!

Amiya

Post by Amiya » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:27 pm

Well, you don't need to have alot of sewing experience to make Yuna's outfit...

First of all, the top is just a piece of white fabric wrapped around the neck and you can just wear a sports bra underneath if you don't want to make it...

The obi is fairly simple too, the bow to attach to the belt which can be resize by velcro.

As for the skirt, your iron will do most of the work. Attach an elastic band at the waist and you're done...

The hardest part would probably be to paint all the details...

If you decide to make it, it will cost you about maybe $50 Canadian, if you commission it, it can be anywhere from $150-300

WINGS

Post by WINGS » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:23 pm

Some one else asked about how to make a Yuna summoner costume and I gave a full tutorial. It was about half way down the thread topics page but here it is again okay.

Okay this is like one of the simplest costumes liek ever in cosplay history, at least for me it is. It is pretty much straight lines and folds. So measure around right below your bust line for the skirt. I would use a cotton or cotton blend, somthing that will press well with an iron. the fabric for the skirt needs to be like three times wider than your measurements for the waist, to make the pleats, I always get this a lil off when I make a summoner costume. Okay so lay the piece of fabric for your skirt out flat and then you can start mapping out for th vines and flowers on the skirt. I use paint pens you can find at Wal mart in the fabric department, they can also be found at Joannes. If you are not to confident then you can get one of those white marking pencils and draw it out then go over it with the pens. Throw it in the wash after the paint has dried and then dry it, and iron it flat again. you will then be ready for pleating. You will need a lot of pins so have them handy. Start by making the top middle forn and back of the skirt(this will help you to know where to begin pleating. Pleat from the middle out, pinning each pleat down, till you get to the end of the one side of the skirt then you can start to iron, or you can iron your pleats as you go along. Carefully flip the skirt or to make it easier you can lay the skirt as one flat piece instead of folding it in half. Okay so once you are don pinning pleats and ironing them then you can sew the pleats down. You make want to make a casing (folded over strip of fabric that will measure to fit your waist, no need to pleat this) for the top of the skirt to give it support. Okay so now that you have it pleated you are ready to put in the zipper. for this get like a 20 inch zipper and sew it in then you will have the slit in the side and you don't have to worry about sewing below the zipper. Okay so far I hope that I haven't confused you thus far.

Get a black bra and you can modify it by cutting the straps and sewing them into a hater and then sewing the strip thingy in the back. I hope you know what I am talking about. For the white part get a white a strip of fabric wide enough to cover your boobs. I find that once you have decided how long you need it then you can cut out the part that goes around the neck so that it doesn't bunch up, it will give a better desired effect.

The obi. This is really easy too. Okay so get a yellow cotton type fabric this is pretty easy it is striaght lines. so lay your fabric out and you can draw out your vines and flowers. For the bow part I cut the bigger bow out so that it is doubled. I sew it into a casing and then turen it right side out and then sew it into a bow form. I then draw out my flowers and vines. I make another smaller bow to go over the larger one and again I draw out vines and flowers. I sew this smaller bow to the top of the larger one. I then make the strip that is to look like it is holding the bow together( I don't know what to call this) I sew it like a casing too then put it over the bows and center it then go underneath in and sew it to the top part of the large bow as to hide the the sewing lines. I then sew hook n eyes to the bow so that when I have the sash part sewn I can hang it on there. for the sash sew a casing with the pink ruffle along the top part. turn it out so that you see the ruffly on top. Iron it down and then sew the ends of it off, paint flowers vines ect. Oh and make sure that this is the size of your waist. I myself would put in grommets in the sides and then lace it up or you can make a zipper in the back. Also you can sew snaps or hook n eyes to the under of the sash and hook them to your skirt for eve more support. Okay now onto the flower for the sash. I use fun fuam and paint it the desired color and add pearls and such to it and draw the lil designs onto it with puffy paint. I make two reinforced holes in it that I can put the rope through. for the beads you can use Fimo, or long copper pipe and paint it and then thread it on there. Her earring you can either find beads similar, wood beads to paint or make the beads from fimo. I think that is pretty much it for the costume. You can also make the necklace from fimo as well tho you can buy one on ebay too. if you want a tutorial on a summoning rod to just ask.
WINGS
We will be reborn...

WINGS "I can fly with my words"