eternal sailor moon's wand and wings

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
Bunny-Sern

eternal sailor moon's wand and wings

Post by Bunny-Sern » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:16 pm

hey everybody,
i'm making an eternal sailor moon costume. i have everything but a wand and wings. i would like a staff wand not the cheep amierican one. i would like the wing to look good and i like to make them myself. if anyone can help me to build the wing and wand or help me find a cheep price for them that would be great. thanks for your help ahead of time. bye. need pictures or anything tell me.
Bunny-Sern :wink:
I love Sailor Moon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bailey
Celestial Cosplayer

Post by bailey » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:18 am

Hi! ^^ I just got finished making my Eternal Sailor Moon. I don't have a wand yet I can tell you how I made the wings. I got big cardboard boxes and laid them out. My wings were about 23 inches tall and 17 inches wide at their widest point and they are still quite big so I am sure this should work for you.
I then drew the shapes of the wings out and cut them out with a GOOD pair of scissors, nice heavy shears. I recommend Super Shears by Cutco. They are a direct order company so you would have to find a dealer near you(no stores!) but they are too awesome and I think every cosplayer should have a pair. I used clothes line wire for the support and a heavy metal hinge to hold the two biggest wings together at the base. Cut 4 peices of clothes hanger wire to fit along the outside edge of your wings then twist them together. Glue the heck out of them to the cardboard frame. Then put more wire supports wherever you feel you need them. Every pair of wings will be different.
Go to your local fabric store. They should have batting in large rolls. Buy enough to cover all sides of your wings. Don't forget the smaller set of wings!! Also buy white satin in the same amount.
Cover each side of your wings in the batting, trimming off any excess.
Take two long ties of fabric and glue them at the juncture of your wings. These will go through a hole at the back of your fuku. They should be long enough so that the bottom set go around your waist, low down, close to your hips, and the tops set loop over your shoulders and around your back. Then cover your wings in the fabric. This is really the tough part as you need to make sure all of the batting is covered and also make sure you get a pretty smooth look. On the first side you should fold the fabric over the side, on the next fold the fabric under and glue it over the top of the exposed seam. Then glue or stitch the saller wings onto the larger.When you are done put your fuku on and then put your wings on and have somebody whip stitch the wings onto your fuku at the shoulders.
Sorry this got so rambly ^^;;; That's how I made mine. You can see pics of how they turned out in the gallery.

BlackKnightress210

Post by BlackKnightress210 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:52 pm

Ceramics for the Wand.
If you can find it and a kiln of course. Clay works too. But be CAREFUL! you may need to make the pieces as one and take some off and glue them on after you harden them. I make a SuperS transformation wand along the lines of Mars (though they are all the same) just painted it a different colour. It was actually quite easy. *nod*
Good luck!