Alphonse Elric Costume Help!!! A.S.A.P

Need help with sewing techniques, or making a 10 ft sword? Seek help from other cosplayers here!
ddrfreakri

Alphonse Elric Costume Help!!! A.S.A.P

Post by ddrfreakri » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:14 pm

I have 40 days to make an Alphonse Elric cosplay for Anime Boston 2005, please help me!

I really need help from other experienced cosplayers :) Thanks alot. My screename is ECash89 or email me at ECash89@aol.com. Or just post here thanks alot I need this help soo much

Dark_Tiger

Post by Dark_Tiger » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:31 pm

40 days isn't enough time, unless you can commit 10 hours a day, and maybe not even then.

I've got a friend building one out of Aluminum, but I wouldn't try that, since there are a lot of 3D curved surfaces, and pounding aluminum isn't something I'd want to do.

Fiberglass is always an option, but that adds up to a lot of weight.

The way I always perfer for mechs and full body armor is vaccum-formed plastic. However, you have supply issues as well as a $100 or so investment in a moderatly sized vaccum table, and that's if you build your own. Add to that the fact that you have to make molding blanks, I use plaster-o-paris, but I know people who insist that you use hydrocal or another harder plaster type that will hold up to more than one or two formings.
Real men sew!

Tigerye Productions: Props, weapons, and much more. I can do that!
"Ebay is the best bet as they are unfeeling there and cold. " - Hemuloki

ddrfreakri

Post by ddrfreakri » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:01 pm

I have 8 hours after school and I also have 1 week of vaction coming up the week before the con. That means I can work on it for all day from saturday April 17th-25th all-day shouldnt that be enough time?

I also bought Almunium Flasting for the chest and I think I might do upholstery fabric covering cardboard for the legs and the arms then plaster-o-paris for the head
39 Days Till Anime Boston 2005!!!