Comment on Comments

General Announcements and News regarding ACP
waynekaa
ACP Owner

Comment on Comments

Post by waynekaa » Sun May 01, 2005 8:55 pm

We welcome the increase in the use of the comments system here at ACP!
As you all know, all Celestial cosplayers have comments enabled for their costumes. As an added security feature, all comments are screened by ACP Staff for your protection to weed out any inappropriate or unsavory commentary. So remember, when you leave a comment, it won't show up immediately, but once we approve it, the cosplayer will get a notice and the comment will be viewable for the public.
Wayne of AGSMA
PSOC
AGSMA
ACParadise

Sterling

Post by Sterling » Sun May 01, 2005 9:42 pm

There's only one problem that I see here:
So many people can see the pics and post, no negitive responces.
So 100% of the comments are good...

What if people really want the true answer to how people feel about their costume? If someone told me that my costume sucked, I'd alter it so people would like it.

Tia

Post by Tia » Mon May 02, 2005 4:50 am

Well, cosplay.com has a critique section, so I don't know if they'd want to have something similar here at ACP. I would think it would be more like a part of the forum if it was here, though.

I noticed the almost complete lack of comments, also. I was going to put some comments but I was a little bit afraid people would be weirded out if I gave a ton of comments out of the blue. Perhaps I will do that, though.
It's not love that makes the world go 'round; it's fanboys and fangirls.

waynekaa
ACP Owner

Post by waynekaa » Mon May 02, 2005 7:01 am

Sterling wrote:There's only one problem that I see here:
So many people can see the pics and post, no negitive responces.
So 100% of the comments are good...

What if people really want the true answer to how people feel about their costume? If someone told me that my costume sucked, I'd alter it so people would like it.
Not everyone wants critiques. Not everyone is a master class costume guild judge either that's leaving these comments. Anyone can leave a comment.

If they want to send a message like that, then they can use the PM system. The difference is the publicity. Of course, if there's abuse through PMs that violate our terms of service, we'll take disciplinary action against the violating user.
Wayne of AGSMA
PSOC
AGSMA
ACParadise