Cosplayer Araila > Costume of Jo from Burst Angel
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
Top down. The skirt was cut from a cheap shirt from a department store. I dyed some white material and added on the collar. The white cross was painted on by the model's bro. The "chaps" were made entirely from scratch. I used a thin upholstery leatherette from JoAnns. I sewed it together and did a lot of top stitching to get the final look.
The most expensive part of this costume was the hardware. I used a lot grommets and the large silver rivets were uncovered button bases.
The boots were spray painted by friend.
In the end I used a lot of hot glue and safety pins in this cosplay. I just didn't have time to finish everything by hand sewing like I wanted.
I do not know the wig brand. It was purchased by the model. It was not styled.
- Personal Thoughts:
- Originally I wanted to be this character but I'm really glad my friend got it because she really pulled it off.
It was really fun to work with real metal and other materials with such interesting textures. It was my first major sewing project and my (mom's) sewing machine hated me for it (in the same way a transmission hates a new driver). My top tread kept exploding and seizing up the machine. I thought it was problem with my bobbin but turns out sewing machines hate crappy thread. This an ultimate truth.
It was really interesting the fact we had chosen half-naked characters from a fan service anime/manga for our first cosplays (and we were all underage at the time *cough-cough*) Needless to say things were hidden from certain parental units.
Add a Comment