Cosplayer Luckygrim > Costume of Frau from Sakizou Artworks
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
The whole project took about three weeks of work. The main dress is based off an Elizabethan pattern from the Smithsonian historic costuming guid. I'll start in layers:
1. under everything there is a 5 hoop skirt and a custom made waist cinching corset to take my waist down to 28 inches.
2. the under skirt is white casa satin and the front panel was detailed using satin stitching.
3. the over dress is a bodice with over skirt attached. The gold flat lace was made using my embroidery machine on water soluble stabilizer. The gold scalp lace on the bust and shoulder was made by crocheting very then gold twine. The purple gems were part of 4 necklaces I ripped apart, and the gold metal work on them were made with gold hot glue in candy molds. The small snow flakes were buttons and the large snow flakes on the back were holiday ornaments. The large gold snow flakes on the back were cut from auto decal vinyl and just stuck on there.
4. the fur was bought as ombre orange to white fur I took home and cut up for the white. Fun fire should actually be called "fucking fur".
5. The hat is cardboard covered in satin with white felt as the snow on top. There is also a set of snowflake lights around the brim. The vail is a circle cut with gold bias tape and crystals.
I'm actually looking to add a little more detail to the bodice soon.
- Personal Thoughts:
- So many new things to learn!!
Add a Comment