Cosplayer Lyn Hargreaves > Costume of Der Tod / Death from Takarazuka: Elisabeth ~ The Rondo of Love and Death
- Most Recent Photo
- Takarazuka: Elisabeth ~ The Rondo of Love and Death
- Der Tod / Death
- Special Variation:
- Hanagumi 2002
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Very Difficult
- Costume worn at:
- Katsucon 2014
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- So far I've used a little over 5000 rhinestones in this costume and all were beaded by hand. I estimate about 1000-3000 more are needed to complete this (but its hard to tell exactly, it should be somewhere in that range though).
This was my first time working with velvet and I kinda never want to do it again. The fabric is very uncooperative and very unforgiving.
- Personal Thoughts:
- This costume is sadly not done yet. Its about 90% at the moment. I'm a bit unhappy with a lot of it but I plan to fix that. I'm a very big fan of Takarazuka and I had been planning to do this costume with my dear friend Alyce for over 5 years now so I was very excited to finally do this. This has also turned out to be my most expensive costume and also the most time consuming, surprisingly beating Hades in both regards.
- Styling Notes
- This was my first time doing an actual sharpie dying of a wig. I've done a little bit with streaking but never something this intense. I used the rubbing alcohol spray method first, covering the whole wig in a seafoam color and then used three different shades of blue and teal streaked in by hand with sharpies to get the blend. I then took turned the turquoise sharpie I had and also turned it into a spray dye just to give it a little more tint and blend the streaks a little better.
- Wig Review
- Came out a bit more blue than intended. There is supposed to be some silver showing. Oops. ^^;; But I still love how it looks. First time working with a lace front. The wig is very nice though it can get frustrating how much the wig tangled while dying. I used a lot of Motion spray to tame it.