Cosplayer Faraday > Costume of Snow White (Once Upon a Time)
- Most Recent Photo
- Once Upon a Time
- Snow White
- Special Variation:
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Costume worn at:
- Comic-Con / San Diego Comic Con International 2013
- Comic-Con / San Diego Comic Con International 2012
This Costume has been retired
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
Altered Forever21 blouse. Cuffs are separate and clumsily button up the sides.
Short cropped cape made of curtain fabrics.
Vest is made of faux suede with dark brown cotton patches sewn on, swirls are hand painted. Brown paints and tea stains give it a rustic feeling.
Leggings were purchased from Kohls and altered to fit better and have ribbon running down the legs, and knee patches.
- Personal Thoughts:
- Friend wanted to do Disney characters at Comic-Con but internally I was like, "I will be damned if I have to wear my classic Snow White costume there again."
So I mentioned I'd rather go a different fairytale route and mentioned the show. BOOM. It happened.
I ended up choosing Snow because she's my default Disney princess. Unfortunately during Season 1 she doesn't were very distinguishable clothes (everything's just white). So I decided bandit was the way to go because I felt it wouldn't need me to be on princess mode since she's gone rogue, living in the forest, fending for herself.
This was a magical costume for me because after a sad affair at Comic-Con I got to meet Ginnifer Goodwin and the rest of the cast wearing it! The producers and writers fanboyed and Ginnifer even wanted her photo with me! It was rad! (Especially since she remembered me the next year, 2013, and greeted me and everything.) The cast is the sweetest.
- Styling Notes
- additional black braid piece was purchased as a headband.
- Wig Review
- Hairline doesn't reach down to my actual temples so I try to cleverly position the wig strands over my own blond hair. It's a little frustrating.
Lace is very thick polyester and difficult to removes wrinkles out of unfortunately.
Add a Comment