Cosplayer Angi Viper > Costume of Elsa from Frozen
- Most Recent Photo
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Costume worn at:
- Comic-Con / San Diego Comic Con International 2013
- Long Beach Comic Con 2013
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- This has been a tough costume because new images have been released regularly since I started it, so I'm constantly making changes. I started with an icy blue strapless ballgown. I took some sheer white material with snowflake designs on it, dyed it a pale blue and added it to the top of the dress then I took a pale blue sheer, cut it for the sleeves and dyed them so the shoulders where purple and faded into the blue. I secured the sleeves to the top of the dress, then added silver details to the neckline of the sleeves and dress base. Once that all was done, I found a new reference that showed a slit in the front, so I ripped the seams out of the dress on the front right to the thigh. Once the costume was already complete, I found a reference for the front neckline so I'll be redoing that soon. The shoes are just from a thrift store, but I plan to remake them to match the references.
Got my new wig from Sirens Grotto. Made new skirt with metallic silk and purple lining. New train using pale blue mesh with glitter designs. New bodysuit in pale purple stretch mesh. Will be adding crystal designs to bodysuit soon.
- Personal Thoughts:
- I grew up loving The Snow Queen. To me, the story is about friendship and family and love. It represents the bond of a true friend and the lengths to which one is willing to go to help someone they love. It's a message I took to heart and maintain in every relationship I form. When I found out almost 3 years ago that Disney was going to tackle the Snow Queen, I cried. The film focuses on the relationship of two sisters, one older who curses and exiles the younger and the younger who only wants to melt her older sister's frozen heart which is exactly my relationship with my own younger sister. Elsa's design is so stunningly beautiful and captures the piercing, elegance of winter and I see so much of myself in her, I had to cosplay her.
- Styling Notes
- The wig is a long white blonde wig. I separated it between the front and back and french braided the back. Then I used Got2Be glue spray to flip sections back and clipped them to sit in layers. I made sure to have one piece that fell in the front. Once that was all styled, I sprayed the whole wig with white hairspray to give it a frosted look.
- Wig Review
- UPDATE 1/30/2014
Made arrangement with Sirens Grotto before Traci retired from styling wigs. Received new wig designed and styled by Traci based on my instructions.