Cosplayer Lunaladyoflight > Costume of Ahri from League of Legends
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- I was contacted at the end of summer by someone looking for a Dynasty Ahri costume from League of Legends for a con at the end of December. I was unable to start on the costume until November due to commissions and personal work. Here is the completed costume!
The top is white bottom weight stretch sateen, the light pink is Casa Collection Crepe, and the hot pink is polyester Shantung. The top was made using a kimono pattern I already had. I made my own pink bias trim and attached it by stitching in the ditch. The white tape was store bought and attached also by stitching in the ditch. The tie has Peltex 70 interfacing in it to help it stay stiff, and it snaps onto the top. It was gradient dyed with acid dyes. The flowers around the wrists were hand painted with white and gold Jacquard fabric paint.
The skirt was altered from an existing Butterick pattern. The skirt was altered so the bubble had two layers which are attached to a lining. The bubble effect is created by making the layers wider and longer than the lining, then gathering them to fit on the smaller lining. The waist band portion of the skirt was drafted off of the pattern's waist band and the client's measurements. It zips up the side.
The waist dangle was made using a wooden wall hanger I found at Joann. I pulled the coat hook off the front, filled it with air dry clay, and sanded it smooth. I painted it with three colors of green acrylic paint to make it look like Jade. The black and metallic gold are also acrylic. The entire butterfly was painted freehand. The butterfly is coated in acrylic clearcoat to protect the paint job. The jade bead was imported from China, as was the gradient dyed tassel. The green cord is pulled through the seam of the skirt and knotted inside.
This was a fun costume to work on! I haven't worn anything pink in so long so it was nice to see PINK everywhere.
- Personal Thoughts:
- Commission for a woman in TN.