Cosplayer WindoftheStars > Costume of Reina / Leina from Queen's Blade: Rurou no Senshi
- Most Recent Photo
- Queen's Blade: Rurou no Senshi
- Reina / Leina
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Costume Design Guild Hall Costume Award 2013
- Costume worn at:
- Comic-Con / San Diego Comic Con International 2013
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- All the armor is made worbla backed in craft foam. I used fillable primer before painting all the armor. I used metallic spandex under the armor to give the illusion of full armor in some places. The pieces stay on with Velcro or are glued in place. The chest plate stays on with the two straps and a clear strap around my neck.
The straps are all leather and took quite a bit of staring at art work to figure out! They are all detailed with brass rivets.
The sword and shield are made by IceMan Props.
- Personal Thoughts:
- Queen's Blade was certainly a costume that I thought I would never do. However, after seeing my friends make theirs and them asking me to join them I finally gave into the armor, blades and boobs. haha.
- Styling Notes
- I added extensions to the front to do her braids. I then chopped off what I didn't need and sealed the end with clear caulking. A clear rubber band keeps the ribs in place. The bangs were then cut and the back sprayed and lightly spiked.
- Wig Review
- This color is odd. In person it has a more ashy tone to it, but when it photographs in natural light it much more golden.