Cosplayer Aishiri > Costume of Shino from .hack//LINK
- Most Recent Photo
- Special Variation:
- Xth form
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Best Group at Sakura-Con 2013 with Ellipsis Cosplay
- Costume worn at:
- Sakura-con 2013
This Costume has been retired
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- Hat: The top is a piece of foamcore board covered in fabric and the bottom part is a piece of stiff interfacing covered in the same fabric. The tassel pieces are made of Model Magic, craft foam and a plastic Xmas ornament I found at JoAnn.
Cravat: It's basically a long rectangular piece of babysilk. Definitely the easiest part of the costume.
Shirt: It's just a sleeveless shirt I made from a knit and dyed pink. Nothing really special about it.
Jacket: Oh god THE JACKET. SO MANY RIBBONS. The jacket was made using a shirt pattern that I altered and the tails were patterned out myself. The tails were gradient dyed and all of the black and white details are ribbon and blanket binding. The cuffs are a cotton that I dyed to match the bootcovers.
Wing cape: This is my least favorite part of the costume and something I would want to remake if I wore it again. It was originally a blue cotton that I was going to gradient dye to black, so I ended up painting it instead.
Bloomers: I used a bloomer pattern that I had sitting around and black cotton. Pretty simple.
Bootcovers: I used a white knit that I dyed to match the reference pictures as best I could. They go over a pair of white pumps and stay up with pieces of elastic that are sewn to my bloomers. The toe pieces are made of a white vinyl I had laying around.
Staff: This was made in 2-3 days and I'm stupidly proud of it. I was originally going to do her Xth form staff, but through repeated attempts, I realized it was impossible to make due to the fact that I can't manipulate gravity. I ended up making her normal staff instead just a few days before the con. The gold ring is made of a foam floral wreath while the other two are upholstery foam. These were all paper mache'd and painted with acrylics. The pole is pvc pipe and the ball in the center is another Xmas ornament that I painted with glass paint and held up with pieces of clear jewelry elastic. I put floral lights inside the ball so that it lights up.
- Personal Thoughts:
- My group wanted to do .hack//LINK cosplays so I decided to be Shino because there wasn't a whole lot of options. I like Shino and I think her costume is cute, but she's not my favorite and it was kind of difficult to feel motivated to work on it. For the most part, I'm happy with how it turned out.
- Styling Notes
- All I did was trim and style the bangs.
- Wig Review
- Like all other Arda wigs I've bought, it's thick and amazingly easy to style.