Cosplayer missrelena > Costume of Vivaldi (Heart no Kuni no Alice ~ Wonderful Wonder World~)
- Most Recent Photo
- Heart no Kuni no Alice ~ Wonderful Wonder World~
- Special Variation:
- Ball Gown
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Fan Favorite - Animegacon 2013
- Costume worn at:
- Anime Vegas 2012
- AniMegaCon 2013
- Fannatiku Fest / Anime Fannatiku 2013
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
Seven yards of Purple irridecent
Seven yards of green irridecent
Nine yards of red silk velvet
Nine yards of berry doe suede
Seven yards of cherry velvet
Nine spools of black embroidery thread
3 yards of red brocade
2 spools of black 1" wide satin ribbon
More sprung steel boning than I care to think about
- Personal Thoughts:
- Vivaldi, the Queen of Hearts from "Heart no Kuni no Alice." (Alice in the Country of Hearts). I wanted to challenge myself - and Vivaldi's ball gown was definitely that! It was tough for many reasons. First, she has four or five different colors of red that she wears at the same time, and they all blend well to make a really cool whole that doesn't overwhelm the viewer with any one particular shade. Finding that many reds that worked together in the type of fabrics I wanted was daunting.
Then all of her hearts and pleated trim varrigates from green to purple and back to green. They don't make sparkly fabric that does that -- at least not that I could find in Southern Utah. So I double-layered it all with transparent irridecent fabric. The pattern went: purple on purple, purple on green, green on purple, green on green, green on purple, purple on green - over and over adnausium. Then I had to applique on all those hearts. Can I tell you how tired I am of pinning and sewing hearts? Lol!
- Styling Notes
- This was tough because I needed to style the wig without frizzing the ringlets. I used water in a spray bottle to wet down the ringlet and wound it around my finger to get it back into the needed shape after styling. The wig was wonderful because that was all it took to re-build the curls.
- Wig Review
- No muss, no fuss, and holds the curls wonderfully. I only wish they had a vewrsion that didn't have short bangs.
Add a Comment