Cosplayer Adnarimification > Prop of Taokaka from BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
About this Prop
- Construction Details:
I went with papermache to construct the mask. I used a balloon to keep the circular shape that I wanted.
After the mask dried I covered it in modge podge just to give it a little more strength. In retrospect I wish I hadn't because since it re-dampened the paper it wrinkled in some spots.
Once everything was dry again, I painted the mask with some basic acrylic black paint.
I cut out eye, mouth, and nose holes. Yeah, it looks funny with the fabric over it! ^^ Then I covered the whole mask with black lyrca and placed an elastic band around the back as to keep it on my face. There are also 2 pieces of velcro on it, one near the mouth hole and one on top (to attach mouths and make sure the hood stays on).
The mouths were all constructed out of craft foam. I used a sharpie to draw on the designs. Each piece has a piece of velcro attach to it's back so it can easily adhere to the mask.
The eyes are EL circle flat panels that are attached through the mask and all wires hide inside the mask.
- Personal Thoughts:
- Overall I think the mask turned out pretty well. There are things that I think I could have done better now that I know what I'm doing.
Add a Comment