Cosplayer AngieRikku > Costume of Mira from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Dark Lord
- Most Recent Photo
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Dark Lord
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Honorable Mention Group Craftsmanship at Fanime 2010 and 9th at WCS USA Prelininaries 2010
- Costume worn at:
- Anime LA 2012
- FanimeCon 2010
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- The headpiece was drawn to scale and then cut out of plexiglass via jigsaw on a slow setting (If the blade cuts too fast, the plexiglass will melt and gum up your jigsaw ^^;).
The bodice is made of 4-way stretch spandex and the vertical stripes are actually separate pieces sewn together. The gold-piping is all hand-made out of 4-way stretch gold lame.
The gauntlet and knee cap are made out of 2 layers of wonderflex with a custom metallic purple pearlescent paint that I made to better match the reference!
The dark side of the skirt seemed to have some volume to it so I made the entire skirt out of 4-way stretch spandex and sewed 2 layers of batting in between the self and lining.
The light side of the skirt gold detailing is done in the same technique but with craft foam instead of batting sandwiched between 2 layers of 4-way stretch gold PVC.
The shoes are built on a base out in the same technique as the skirt and gold skirt detailing. The volume comes from green upholstery foam.
- Personal Thoughts:
- I really love the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles games and when the WiiWare spin-offs came out I was so excited!!! Mira's design is so intriguing because of the half light and half dark idea behind it!
Everything was drafted from scratch, EVERYTHING!
- Styling Notes
- The wig is made by cutting 2 wigs apart and hand-sewing them back together. The pink extensions were then sewn in.