Cosplayer Amanda_Dawn > Costume of Kitana from Mortal Kombat III
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- A lot of items go into this costume.
1. The main "leotard" part was all original pattern constructed by me. The center has lacing detail and the neck is extended up to my comfort level.
2. I have 2 arm bands and 2 leg sleeves. The leg sleeves are held in place with the hook end of velcro on my nude colored hose. Works super well.
3. Gloves I did buy but added her royal blue color strips my hot gluing them on the top. Trying to sew those on would have been a pain.
4. Mask is held back by velcro and it was draped on my face and gathered at the bottom to fit to my head.
5. Fans, the iconic weapon of Kitana. I created wood pieces with a point at the end and basically hot glued royal blue spandex fabric to the fan like a sandwich. Once "sandwiched" I placed my iron on the fan to give them the creases. Oh also painted the blades with silver acrylic paint. They are held together with a nut and bolt but loose enough to throw out.
6. I used my own boots that went to the knee.
- Personal Thoughts:
- Kitana is such a strong character. I've idolized her for a long time.