Cosplayer Amanda_Dawn > Costume of Ariel from Little Mermaid
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
I basically had 4 main parts to this costume.
1. Big red wig from Epic Cosplay.
2. Bright blue skirt I hand pleated on a dress form with a zipper in the backs seam
3. A tinted blue long bell sleeved shirt. I had a hard time with this shirt because I had to dye it to get the color that I wanted, but I finally got it. Used 2 patterns, 1 for the base of the shirt, the other for the bell sleeve.
4. Black corset I made from a corset pattern I had, altered it by extending the bottom a bit and making more of a V front. I used steel boning. This corset has a zipper in the back.
- Personal Thoughts:
- I personally love Ariel. She is fun and quirky. Plus wearing a big red wig is super fun.
- Styling Notes
- Teased like crazy to that iconic swoop across the front. Pinned up in the back for a poof with the giant blue bow
Add a Comment