Cosplayer Angelic Threads > Costume of The Beast (Takarazuka)
- Most Recent Photo
- The Beast
- Special Variation:
- From Takarazuka's Beauty and the Beast (Prince of the Land of Roses)
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Very Difficult
- Best Craftsman Construction - AniMegaCon 2012
- Costume worn at:
- AniMegaCon 2012
- Fannatiku Fest / Anime Fannatiku 2013
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
I'd be here all day if I explained everything, but:
- Almost every bead and sequin is hand sewn on.
- The mask is created from scratch using a mixture of papier mache, Sculptamold and Paperclay. The paint is a really neat dual blue/purple color that deviates from the original black/silver mask but HOW COULD I RESIST THAT PAINT?!
- The wig is sewn from scratch. Yes, scratch. It's ten packs of Jumbo Braid hand wefted and sewn to a lycra swim cap. My mom, who was in her 20s during the 1980s and therefore knows how to make hair poofy, was very excited to style it for me!
- There are more layers to those sleeves than I can count at this point. It's a custom made pattern that sort of looks like a beach ball when laid all out. There are seed beads, sparkly buttons, jewelry chain, rhinestones, hand-ruffled lace and yet more hair sewn to them.
- It doesn't show up in photos well, but the vinyl pants are topstitched in a strange woodgrain-esque pattern. (This inspired the code name of Woody before I debuted this costume!)
- Aaaand I'll probably add more later :D.
- Personal Thoughts:
- This costume ate my life for three solid months. It was worth every second and every penny I spent on it, because from the moment I first saw this costume in early 2011 it was my dream to make this.
Add a Comment