Cosplayer faecakes > Costume of Austria / Roderich Edelstein from Axis Powers Hetalia
- Most Recent Photo
- Axis Powers Hetalia
- Austria / Roderich Edelstein
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Very Easy
- Costume worn at:
- FanimeCon 2012
- Youmacon 2012
This Costume has been retired
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- Coat is drafted from a McCall's pattern, using sport twill, and lining. The buttons are a sliver and brass decal, along with some basic metallic trim. Lace is pretty lace and Jabot is constructed with a grid pattern chiffon to make lace placement easier.
Ran out of time to do much else, but I added lace cuffs and lace detailing down the button front of the shirt. Pants are thrifted Talbots, boots were cut and modified with a fabric cover overlaying them (Muslim) and painted with fabric paint and a matte finish to seal them. Also need to be touched up post-con.
- Personal Thoughts:
- Test Run At Fanime < Results < All the Bitches < proceed to make more variations
Costume has been sold and is in a loving new home c:
- Styling Notes
- Soooooo much styling holy muffins. Trim, Heat styling with hair dryer and Göt2be. attempts at the ahoge starting with sprays, then upgraded to wire and mode podge, then hair gelled wefts over it so it looked natural. More extensions need to be added in as the wig wefts are very thin and more volume needs to be added. Also tried my hand at creating a natural hairline, really like it <3
- Wig Review
- Not a heat resistant wig, forever styling, individual extensions, more to be modified before Anime Iowa.
Ahoge: 2 - Fae: 1
Many comments were given at con. Thanks guys d ; w ; b
I absolutely adore the natural movement of Incognito's wigs, even if they are thin.