Cosplayer Lilacwire > Costume of Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
- Most Recent Photo
- My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
- Pinkie Pie
- Special Variation:
- Grand Galloping Gala Dress
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Best Advanced Presentation (Denver Comic Con 2012)
- Costume worn at:
- Denver Comic Con 2012
- Dragon*Con 2012
- FanimeCon 2012
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- Because this costume is so silly, I decided to play around with fabric textures. Taffeta and chiffon are the main elements.
I constructed the hat out of fun foam, love, and Fabric-Tac.
I also made my own appliques for the candies, which required a lot of satin-stitching. If you're wondering, then yes, you do feel ridiculous sitting in your sewing space making fabric candy.
- Personal Thoughts:
- I admit, I gave this costume a lot of thought. Because the ponies end up wearing these dresses to a hoity-toity ball, I wanted Pinkie's to reflect the reference art in its silly glory, but also wanted it to have the feel of a proper ball gown. The shape of Pinkie's gown reminded me of a bustle, so I went that direction.