Cosplayer NurseKatieTheSurgeon > Costume of Willy from Romeo x Juliet
- Most Recent Photo
- Romeo x Juliet
- Year Completed:
- First Place Intermediate Craftsmenship & First Place Intermediate Performance
- Costume worn at:
- Anime Boston 2012
This Costume has been retired
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- The top is made of red crepe satin and the pants and collar are made with white ponte roma. Both of these fabrics were pretty easy to work with, I actually had fun making the pants because they only took a few hours. The patterning for the top was a little hard to figure out from the pattern I had made and I ended up having to finagle it a bit but it turned out all right. The gold bits are painted on with acrylic paint. The collar was definitely the hardest thing to pattern but once I had it all laid out it came together pretty easily. The necklace/brooch is made from hand molded model magic type clay and painted/glossed with gloss spray.
- Personal Thoughts:
- This costume was actually really comfortable as long as I remembered not to smear the mustache. XD
- Styling Notes
- This wig was pretty simple to do. I curled it using the hot water method and then smoothed out most of the wrinkles with a hair straightener on the low setting. Some of the wrinkles were too close to the roots for me to get but I didn't have enough time to redo the curls before the convention so I just left it. I have a feeling it doesn't look as bad as I think it does.
- Wig Review
- This wig was hard to keep in place but not uncomfortable, just a lot of adjusting throughout the time wearing it.