Login New Account
Cosplayer Sephirayne > Costume of Abel Nightroad from Trinity Blood

Most Recent Photo
02-24-2012
Series
Trinity Blood
Character
Abel Nightroad
Special Variation:
THORES Artbook
Year Completed:
2009
Construction Difficulty:
Difficult
Awards
2nd place at London Film and Comic Con 2009
Costume worn at:
AyaCon 2009
London Film and Comic Con 2009
London MCM Expo 2011
Minamicon 2009
Permanent Link:

About this Costume
Construction Details:
This is a costume that I've been wanting to make since I first discovered the series. I adore Trinity Blood. I met a couple of my friends who were doing artbook versions and loved the results. I just had to do an artbook version of my favourite character.

The cassock/capelette
Were both scratch made from patterns I had designed. Made from cooton suiting and then fully lined with cotton lining. Nice and lightweight and easy to maintain. Both were then trimmed with sliver cotton bias binding. I finished the capelette with a hand embroidered cross design.

The armour pieces/bling
All made from a combination of foamlux PVC sheeting (also known as Cintra), Wonderflex and fun foam. The Pauldron was made from Wonderflex with fun foam used to decorate it. The other pieces were done with Foamlux PVC. Cut with a Dremel saw and then shaped with a heat gun. They were then decorated with fun foam. All pieces with then finished with acrylic paint. Dry brushed to show age.

The Gloves
Were brought with then the cross design hand embroidered on

The Scarf
Was hand made with the cross desitgns hand painted on in fabric paint.

Boot armour
Made from old boots I then added fun foam detail.

Belts
Brought belts which I added hand made cross rosaries.

Rosary
This is still a work in progress. The main cross was made from Wonderflex with the detail added by fun foam and Games Workshop miniture parts. I then sealed the lot with fibre glass harderner and liquid. Sadly all the detail was lost with the fibre glass so this will be remade.

The hair and glasses are my own.

Currantly the costume has taken six months to a year to build. Materials have mainly come from stock so the total costs are £15(UK)

This is one of my favourite costumes to date.
Personal Thoughts:
Really pleased how this costume turned out. I ended up wearing it a few times.
Add a Comment
Photos
  • Photo 1
     Photo 1
    Comments 0
  • Photo 2
     Photo 2
    Comments 0
  • Photo 3
     Photo 3
    Comments 0
Comments

Sorry, you must be a registered user of and logged in to view and add comments. Either log in or register now!