Login New Account
Cosplayer Seifer-sama > Costume of Zant from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Most Recent Photo
07-15-2014
Series
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Character
Zant
Year Completed:
2014
Construction Difficulty:
Difficult
This was made as a commission for someone else

Costume worn at:
Anime Expo 2014
FanimeCon 2012
FanimeCon 2011
Sac-Anime Winter 2012
Sakura-con 2013
Sakura-con 2011
Permanent Link:

About this Costume
Construction Details:
Ugh where to begin. So I made this costume a while ago but never did post it under my own name but I think it's about time I do. It's not me wearing it (it's my brother again).

The armor pieces started out as a fun foam base and then were covered in wonderflex. The fish scales at the back of the helmet were especially difficult to shape correctly. Some of the details were cut out pieces of foam layered over the wonderflex but most of the designs were just hand painted.

The coat and pants are a very thick cotton twill and the entire thing is lined with stabilizer and a twill lining. All of the designs on the sleeves and coat were hand painted using a paper stencil I made using the SSBB trophy as a reference. The pants were one of the biggest challenges for this costume because of the weird rectangular shapes. I decided to make up my own "pleated" pattern to get the pants as close as possible. The tabard is a medium weight suede fabric and the designs were also hand painted. The back tabard is made from a grey cotton and a red cotton pieces together with the other designs painted over it. I used the same suede fabric for the maroon sections on the tassels. The ends of the tassels are a grey cotton and I used a lovely embossed gold bead (that usually can't be seen) to separate the two tassel halves.

The neck piece and the legs are a "nude" spandex fabric with a horizontal stitch to give it that lined look. The shoes, wow the shoes were a pain. I found a brown slip on shoe and then formed the odd dragon shapes with more foam and wonderflex. I tried to secure them as much as possible but still allow the wearer to be able to walk.

All in all, this costume was a lot of fun and a big challenge for me.

Update: Working on making the designs on the armor stand out a bit more. The costume has had some wear over the years too, so it needs not only to be updated, but really cleaned up. I used the resin statue as a reference so they will be as accurate as possible and redid all of the designs with funfoam for extra definition. All the armor pieces have been repainted and glossed as well. The faces on the back were the biggest challenge by far. Each one has a lot of really small pieces fitted together.

Update:
I have also updated the tabard and the tassels. I used a moleskin for the red and then appliqued on the white and blue designs. I'm pretty happy with the changes because now those designs stand out more and are a lot sharper than the painted ones.
Add a Comment
Photos
  • Photo 1
     Photo 1
    Comments 0 Views 43
  • Photo 2
     Photo 2
    Comments 0 Views 39
  • Photo 3
     Photo 3
    Comments 0 Views 29
  • Photo 4
     Photo 4
    Comments 0 Views 21
  • Photo 5
     Photo 5
    Comments 0 Views 120
  • Photo 6
     Photo 6
    Comments 0 Views 118
  • Photo 7
     Photo 7
    Comments 0 Views 324
  • Photo 8
     Photo 8
    Comments 0 Views 256
  • Photo 9
     Photo 9
    Comments 0 Views 233
  • Photo 10
     Photo 10
    Comments 0 Views 63
Comments

Sorry, you must be a registered user of and logged in to view and add comments. Either log in or register now!