Cosplayer dead-pepper > Costume of June from 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
hmmmm... I'll fill this out more later when I fix all the things that need fixing!
OKAY! Fixed everything, so here's how I made it.
Dress: made from a stretch lilacy purple knit that I got at a bargain fabric store. Pattern was drafted by tracing and extending one of my husband's shirts (I knew I wanted the dress to be loose). The purple border print was designed in photoshop so I could make a silkscreen for it. Screening the design on this particular fabric was difficult because it liked to stretch in weird ways while squeegee-ing on the ink. I ended up having to touch up the design by hand with a little brush on a couple spots. I trimmed the dress and sleeves in dark purple bias tape (narrow).
The striped socks and sleeves were made of various colors of 4 way stretch spandex/lycra that I sewed together in strips. I kind of cheated a little bit and simplified the design so I could use the same piece of self-made fabric for the socks too. I then sewed the tubes of striped fabric to the sleeves and a pair of socks, respectively.
The first time I wore this I borrowed my husband's frye engineer boots because I was too cheap to get my own. The boots were fairly accurate to the reference but they made my feet look huge! As a result, I walked around all day feeling like a man. So when I wore the costume for a second time, I decided to use a pair of boots that were my size. Lesson learned.
- Personal Thoughts:
- Styling Notes
- For the wig, I made a zig-zag part, created side bangs, and made a side bun. I wanted the bun to look kind of haphazard and messy so I didn't spend much time on it. I poked some faux flowers into the bun and sewed in some pearls for the finishing touch.
- Wig Review
- This wig arrived a bit darker than I was expecting - sometimes it photographs black.
Add a Comment