Login New Account
Cosplayer Shii Arisugawa > Costume of Yayoi Takatsuki from iDOLM@STER

Most Recent Photo
12-20-2012
Series
iDOLM@STER
Character
Yayoi Takatsuki
Special Variation:
Holy Night Dress
Year Completed:
2011
Construction Difficulty:
Normal
Costume worn at:
Anime LA 2012
Permanent Link:

About this Costume
Construction Details:
CherryTeaGirland I have matching outfits, so we collaborated on how to tackle this project together! I made most of our accessories, while she made the awesome BEARHANDS. 8D Actually, figuring out how to pattern everything wasn't too hard, I was dreading doing the princess seams for the top but it wasn't too bad... the annoying part was actually sewing the velveteen and fur fabric, which was shedding everywhere AND IT STILL SHEDS AND GETS ON EVERYTHING DESPITE ME FRAY CHECKING ALL THE SEAMS. AHHHHHHHH >___< The fur was provided by Sparkle Pipsi, who also picked out the ~*~FRESH GREEN~*~ poplin used on everyone's outfits, which I believe was found in LA's Fashion District! The stripes on the belt and butt bow are all tediously hand painted, most people thought the fabric was purchased like that so I'll take that as a compliment, hehe.
Personal Thoughts:
I finally have my first Christmas-themed cosplay after uh, how many years now? I made this for Angel Hearts' panel on Sunday of ALA which was a lot of fun, I'm hoping that everyone who attended enjoyed the show! I feel like some kinda stripper Santa in this costume, especially when we're all together as everyone else is covered up in pretty dresses and capelets. LOL Also, I did make the Santa hat but that damn thing wouldn't fit on my head because of the curly clips and hair accessories.
Wig Details
Wig Brand
Arda Wigs
Wig Name
One Curl Clip
Styling Time
5-7 hours
Styling Notes
The base wig used is "Lulu" which is also from Arda Wigs. I started off by trimming the front bangs, sectioning off the long side bangs, while the back is heavily thinned out. I started from the bottom going up, and layered it as much as possible using thinning shears.

I wanted the ponytails to look more ringlet-like as opposed to giant pouf balls, so I carefully took apart each curl and sectioned them off into 15-20 individual curls (rough estimate, they're a bit hard to count lol). I tried using AquaNet to set the curls but it wasn't holding, so I used got2b Spiking Glue diluted in a small bowl of water, and carefully smoothed it on, concentrating on the ends.
Add a Comment
Photos
  • Photo 1
     Photo 1
    Comments 0 Views 155
  • Photo 2
     Photo 2
    Comments 0 Views 93
  • Photo 3
     Photo 3
    Comments 0 Views 126
  • Photo 4
     Photo 4
    Comments 0 Views 135
  • Photo 5
     Photo 5
    Comments 0 Views 119
  • Photo 6
     Photo 6
    Comments 0 Views 98
  • Photo 7
     Photo 7
    Comments 0 Views 193
  • Photo 8
     Photo 8
    Comments 0 Views 121
  • Photo 9
     Photo 9
    Comments 0 Views 102
  • Photo 10
     Photo 10
    Comments 0 Views 124
  • Photo 11
     Photo 11
    Comments 0 Views 106
  • Photo 12
     Photo 12
    Comments 0 Views 110
Comments

Sorry, you must be a registered user of and logged in to view and add comments. Either log in or register now!