So... I'd originally planned on making Rapunzel for Halloween, but when push came to shove, I really didn't want to deal with drafting and fitting her tremendously complicated bodice. Instead, I looked through my fabric stash and decided I could put together Belle pretty easily.
I bought fabric for the skirt and ribbon to make the gold roses, but everything else I had lying around. The bodice was made using a trusty Vogue strapless dress pattern, and I made up the rest. To give them a little more body, the shoulder part is stuffed with some leftover quilted fabric I had, and the sash on the dress has a few layers of tulle inside.
One skill I acquired while working on this costume was learning to make fabric roses. The ones in the wig were made using this technique
I found online, and all the gold ones were made using this method of folding and wrapping ribbon. I also added leaves to the roses on the skirt using some leftover Azula pleather. I also dug into my sequin stash, though I think I might be able to get the coverage a little more dense on the skirt for next time. I loved the sparkle, though!
I ended up adding a bit more bling to the bodice, using some leaves I cut off a trim I had, and some pearls, beads, and sequins I had lying around. I learned to make sequin roses, and I'm really pleased with how they look!