Cosplayer Starlightslk > Costume of Morrigan Aensland from Darkstalkers
- Most Recent Photo
- Morrigan Aensland
- Special Variation:
- Win Pose/Anime Casual/MvC3:U-Alt
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- Costume worn at:
- Dragon*Con 2012
- Dragon*Con 2011
- Katsucon 2012
- Penny Arcade Expo (PAX East) 2014
- Penny Arcade Expo (PAX East) 2012
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
Since Morrigan is super classy, I used all my knowledge of shirt making and made a tailored "button-down" shirt without the buttons, fit to be worn with a gap in the middle. I drafted the base pattern, based off a bunch of shirt patterns I had, working on it until I was fully happy with the look and fit. The sleeves and cuffs I had to draft from scratch for the exact look. I did get some input from my boyfriend, Sephygoth, on the patterning of the collar and I combined both of our ideas into the look and lay of her collar.
I found a near perfect pair of super nice "designer" red leather pants on eBay. XD They were about 2 sizes too big but after some simple alterations they fit beautifully!
After 6 months of looking at all the local and online stores for affordable yet accurate leather boots, I finally found a pair on eBay that were actually a reasonable price, and in my size! The boots are super comfy and really cute too! ^^;
?~Batty Bat Clasp~?
He is made from resin. It was a joint venture between me and my boyfriend, Sephygoth. He designed, sculpted, cast & painted the head and I sculpted the body and picked out the attachments. He then he took the body and used his magical resin & casting skills on it. He was also responsible for the final assembly of the piece as a whole. ?
?~Batty Bat Buddies~?
The batty bat buddies that I have on my shoulders or in my hand at times are really adorable plush finger puppets that I found a while ago and just couldn't resist carrying with me since Morrigan always has her bat buddies. :3
- Personal Thoughts:
- Morrigan is so awesome and it helps that she's one of my boyfriend's favorite characters, this cosplay came about with him constantly reminding me that Morrigan has other outfits than just her standard fight gear. The choice for this outfit was a no brainier since we often would randomly watch the Darkstalkers Anime and it quickly became one of my favorite alternate outfits! It's super classy with the normal sassy Morrigan flair, plus I get to have cute batty bat buddies! ^_^
- Styling Notes
- I initially choose a teal wig to match Morrigan's hair color in the Darkstalkers Artbook image as well as her color in the Anime. I got a second wig because my first one was too blue.
Both wig came and was a bit long so while I wore it Sephygoth trimmed it to the proper length.
Add a Comment