Cosplayer blue_eyed_fairy > Costume of Luna Child from Touhou Project
- Most Recent Photo
- Touhou Project
- Luna Child
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- 2nd Place Master Craftsmanship and Best in Show Performance Portcon Maine 2011
- Costume worn at:
- Animazement 2012
- Another Anime Convention 2011
- PortConMaine 2011
This Costume has been retired
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- I used brod cloth for the dress and hat. The wings are sparkly tulle over a wire frame. They are held on with ribbon that is threaded threw a small hole cut in the back of the dress under the collar.
Bows every place!!!!!
Sadly this costume met a bloody end- I worked in a haunted house attraction and used the base dress for a mental patient character- a fitting end for a Touhou!
- Personal Thoughts:
- Karenta has been wanting to do Touhou cosplay for years. Now that I have started to get into it a bit I agreed, and when she showed me the fairies I was totally in! How could I resist the 3 great fairies who play tricks on people?!
Portcon is really just for fun so we wanted something we could be silly in!
- Styling Notes
- So I got this wig from cosworxs, but they were selling Epic Cosplay Wigs there for a bit. So I had a coupon and I used it and got this wig. I was about 5 inches longer, but it was a good deal so I got it knowing I would cut it. I bought a large barrel curler to curl the wig in Luna Child's style and tested it on a small bottom section. It worked and the curl looked good. So I cut the wig and tried to curl it and it no longer would hold the curl. So I tried the hot water method since I have done it before. I used soda cans to get the large curls and thought everything was good and let them set for a day. I took the cans out at the hotel and to my horror they fell right out. I tried to blast them with the got 2 b freeze spray and had several friends and my hair dresser sister try to help. An hour before judging I had one ugly curl blob in the front. So Karenta came up with this style thinking it would keep in the fairy spirit. So now I am in the market for a new wig. She bought the same wig in a different color for her Star Saphire and it looks great and hardly tangled. So this wig is great for long straight styles- not so much for holding a style.