Cosplayer Shii Arisugawa > Costume of Jessica from Girls' Generation
- Most Recent Photo
- Girls' Generation
- Special Variation:
- Tell Me Your Wish (Genie) - Live Performance
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
This Costume has been retired
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- I hated how the top was rather plain looking, so I searched around and decided make this top instead, swapping out the collar colors of course. The top is made out of a stretch sateen and fully lined, I modified a vest pattern as needed so it had the proper fit a.k.a. very fitting. lol I think the hardest part was figuring out how to pattern the collar so the points met on the center front. The seam allowances kept throwing me off for some reason, so I had to redo the collar like 2-3 times until I was finally satisfied with it. ^^; The stripes on the collar are ribbon Heat'n Bonded on, and I added a bit of flair using some gaming pins, though you can't see them because of my wig. Oops. I deconstructed my old Genie shorts to make a new pattern for this, I have some further adjustments to make until I'm 100% satisfied with it so I can use it for future costumes as well.
- Personal Thoughts:
- A while back I put a poll on my deviantART asking what Genie costume I should do next, and this got the most votes, probably because it looks so Sailor Mars-ish. XD Genie is still my favorite K-Pop song/concept ever even after 2-3 years, so it's not something I plan on giving up anytime soon. lol
- Styling Notes
- I carefully layered the bottom of the wig so it doesn't look so bluntly cut like it did at Fanime 2011. I think it looks better now! The bangs are parted and styled with hairspray to keep them in place.
- Wig Review
- I love the color of this wig, styling it however is a bit of a nightmare due to the length of the wig. The fibers of the wig are nice, but it tangles like crap, I have to straighten this thing before and after each time I wear it. Even after I cut off a significant chunk off the wig, it STILL tangled like crap so I'm retiring this thing once I find a replacement...