Cosplayer missrelena > Costume of Kotoko Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club
- Most Recent Photo
- Ouran High School Host Club
- Kotoko Fujioka
- Special Variation:
- Haruhi in Wonderland Episode - Red Queen
- Year Completed:
- Construction Difficulty:
- 2nd place Master Class - Anime Banzai
- Costume worn at:
- Anime Banzai 2011
- Anime Expo 2010
- Anime LA 2011
- Fannatiku Fest / Anime Fannatiku 2010
About this Costume
- Construction Details:
- The outermost pink is made from Silk Satin, the hem on the skirt is a rolled hem hand sewn with a blind stitch (so is the light pink train on the hat.) The front panel of the bodice and the berry red skirt layer are made out of Ultra Suede. The creme underskirt is made out of brocade. My patterns were hand drafted, except the sleeves. I stole those from an early 80's McCalls pattern!
I made the hat/crown out of 2 florist foam rings and the top to a CD spindle! Fortunately I didn't have to dye the ostridge plumes, because I haven't a clue how! The skirt train extends 4 feet behind me and the hat train goes nearly six feet behind me. Needless to say, I have to be very careful in crowds. The bustle is made of sprung steel boning, tiny bolts, ribbon, and several dead drill bits.
The pearls on the skirt are an extra detail I added to the design to make it more true to the historical Venetian Carnivale look.