Login New Account
Cosplayer Nightlotus > Costume of Luca Truelywaath from Ar tonelico II

Most Recent Photo
01-26-2011
Series
Ar tonelico II
Character
Luca Truelywaath
Year Completed:
N/A
Construction Difficulty:
N/A
Awards
Winner - ACP Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel contest
Costume worn at:
Kumoricon 2010
Sakura-con 2011
Permanent Link:

About this Costume
Construction Details:
WIG: Its the "Kelly" style by Sepia bought at the local store WigLand in dark Blue. More in the wig section. SKIRT AND BRA: I made these out of cheap but comfortable cotton. It's my first time lining a garment, so I thought it turned out pretty well, although the corners of the pink bit tend to curl up! I have body glue (also will talk about this later) which I'm going to try to do to hold them down. It's my first time wearing such a skimpy cosplay (especially around my legs) so I'm a bit mortified about what people will think! I'm more built like Chun Li than Luca! STOCKINGS: I bought some white Opaque Thigh Highs from Sockdreams. I got the ribbon from Joannes, and just stitched it in place on the back. I use the body glue I got to make sure the stockings stay up! The ribbons actually have to be pinned in place in the front, but I bought some fashion tape, so I may just use that from now on! COAT: I used about 2-3 yds of pink cotton for this, and lots of little things I can purchase or make like Piping and Bias Tape. I've finished the whole coat! For the applique I'm using Heat n' Bond. For the ropes in the sleeves I took 3 yds. of dark red/maroon cotton and braided two ropes. I bought some heavy duty tarp grommets from Home Depot, put them into the sleeves and laced the rope though it! I successfully added iron on velcro patches to keep the coat closed. I added some reinforcing stitches along the velcro tabs using an invisible hand stitch method to make sure that the iron one doesn't fail! SHOES: I bought some 7-inch heels off of amazon and cut away most of the shoe leaving only the structure around the toe. I was going to hollow out the toe platform some, but I decided it wouldn't be too stable if i did. I painted them with pink latex paint, and lacquered them half to death. It worked pretty well actually! I'm going to be adding either a clear strap or an extra ribbon over the top of my foot to increase stability and comfort. If you have any other questions, let me know! Reference: http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-06/art/at2-luca-truelywaath2.jpg
Wig Details
Wig Brand
Sepia
Wig Name
Kelly
Original Color:
Dark Blue
Styling Time
2 hours
Styling Notes
The base wig was a long blue wig with long bangs. I trimmed and shaped the wig around the face and left the back long to do Luca's updo. I sewed snaps into the wefts to hold on the props; three in the front to hold on the harp headpiece and two in the back for the pink and black clip. I drilled a simple silver barrette with my dremel to hold the bottom of the hair twist, and it is pretty much identical to the clip visible on the statue and game art that show the back of her head. I'm also using a small black one to keep the hair natural, but splayed out behind my head! I prefer not to use hairspray or anything that will gunk up the wig, so the 2nd clip helps keep the hair natural and accurate.
Add a Comment
Photos
  • Photo 1
     Photo 1
    Comments 0
  • Photo 2
     Photo 2
    Comments 0
  • Photo 3
     Photo 3
    Comments 0
  • Photo 4
     Photo 4
    Comments 0
  • Photo 5
     Photo 5
    Comments 0
Comments

Sorry, you must be a registered user of and logged in to view and add comments. Either log in or register now!